Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Less Waste Road Trips

Recently we head up to Humboldt county for my cousin's wedding. It was a long drive so we knew we'd get peckish at some point. I brought a few snacks but did not create any waste. We also stopped and ate a nice meal on the way so we avoided producing any trash during the drive. Here is what I brought:

- Stainless steel containers with carrots and homemade hummus. (recipe
- Stainless steel container with mixed nuts
- A few bananas, kiwis and tangerines 
- 2 Kleen Kanteens filled with tap water
- 1 Flip top bottle of wine (we refill, this was for when we got there!)
- 1 set reusable bamboo flatware (knife, fork and spoon)


{Carrots with homemade hummus}

Once we got there we had a kitchenette with a refrigerator to store what was left over.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog! My husband and I strive for zero waste, too, and I love seeing other people doing what we do--makes me feel a bit less like a weirdo :) Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your support Liz! Believe me at first I felt weirdo-ish too but after being more vocal about my lifestyle I've come to realize that people think it's pretty cool = )

      Delete